TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

AC problems(AC compressor cycling before it gets cool)FIXED!

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

nismodriver
3NE 2NR Moderator

AC problems(AC compressor cycling before it gets cool)FIXED!

Postby nismodriver » October 16th, 2004, 9:42 am

OK, so the compressor has been changed, the coil is brand new, changed the condenser and changed the drier.
Thing is, before it gets cool, the AC compressor switches off (via the thermostat) like how it supposed to do when the car cools, thing is the car not cooling , so I get cool air for about 1 minute and hot breeze for three minutes (Rough average eh) anyways, the line coming form the compressor to the evaporator(under the dash) not even getting cold...!!!
Any ideas ??
Last edited by nismodriver on November 1st, 2004, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 16th, 2004, 10:33 am

yuh thermostat may need adjusting or a universal one may be needed now?

i assume when yuh changed them things they did pressure test for leaks right? and gas it up blah blah the usual....

same problem i had but it was the dryer due to the sun and intercooler blocking the condenser, ok, condenser as well, make sure yuh did get a compressor that was the same as the old one, and a condenser should be same thing as well or else pressure differences would bust the lil thingies in teh drier and cause it to cool for a lil and turn hot.....

put on the a/c and watch the drier, see if the gasses flowing nice, should be white, wait a 10 minutes, see if it is, if not, see if the lines going in it getting cold or creating water, if it is, drier burst...

could be new one, i get the same shaft in me, same day new drier, same dey it burst

nismodriver
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby nismodriver » October 16th, 2004, 2:49 pm

put on the a/c and watch the drier, see if the gasses flowing nice,

gassess flowing good. I change the drier although my AC man say it good. I wanted to be on the safe side.
The universal thermostat of which you speak, you think thats the problem?
How much for one of those and where I getting them?

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 16th, 2004, 3:11 pm

well, if the a/c cooling for a lil while and hot air, the thermo either switching it off and so it is a possibility of it not working good, i got mines in maharaj in aranguaz, i think it was 130$ i pay for one

i no the thermo is the only thing that turns off the compressor but only when it reaches a certain temperature and to reach that, it supposed to be cooling for a long while in the car.

if you want, you could call my uncle bro in law to make sure, he doe sdeal with car a/c....6743614, ask for Bon

JWT
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby JWT » October 16th, 2004, 8:58 pm

nismo i had d same problem with d primera it was because the compressor was not gased up properly it was not full

not being filled rite up wil cause a problem like that

also why u have a thermostat in ur car take d dman ting out we

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 16th, 2004, 9:31 pm

lol thas a good point too, compressor does only shut off for like 2-3 mins and come back on.....make sure the person did also put the compressor oil and make sure they throw water on teh condenser to check the gases also holding correct pressure in the gauges they use....i see my uncle bro does throw water on everything for leaks even tho pressure tested and to cool the condenser as it park up and the gauge needle does fly up to the proper level it supposed to be, if it not going up, then something wrong

SR
Chief Cook & Instigator

Postby SR » October 17th, 2004, 11:16 am

the other side of it will be the system pressure is too high
u may need to have the system checked while cycling

neckto
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby neckto » October 18th, 2004, 12:58 pm

the valve under the dash by the evaporator may be defective this is what controls the airflow into the evaporator so if you say the line inside the dash not getting cold than the valve may be sticking

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 18th, 2004, 5:25 pm

oh yes, that i assumed you changed since you changed compressor and drier, thats a must....the check valve or expansion valve, 92$ for one by maharaj in aranguaz, i 95% feel thas the problem now :P

nismodriver
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby nismodriver » October 18th, 2004, 8:04 pm

nismo i had d same problem with d primera it was because the compressor was not gased up properly it was not full
Nah, it was checked with gauges and thing..right through..
the valve under the dash by the evaporator may be defective this is what controls the airflow into the evaporator so if you say the line inside the dash not getting cold than the valve may be sticking
Valve..hmm...how can I check that valve!!

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 18th, 2004, 8:42 pm

yuh hadda open the box that holds the evaporator(the kind mini intercooler looking thingy), the problem is, lol, all the gas will come out, so yuh hadda re gas the system :? :? i suggest you let an a/c feller remove this box, and take off the valve for you, you would then have to carry it to get one like it by a a/c place(maharaj if yuh wah) and he would put it back up, line up the sensing line peice on it back on the evap and so so and regas etc and THAT SHOULD END THE HEATING PROBLEM.....i now remember on my old engine, the valve did stick/clog up and the a/c was cooling light light light, and i did change all that....dont put on the a/c eh, the dirtyness could go in the lines and drier and cause more trouble....jus leave it completely off till yuh get that, but yuh say the compressor switches off as well....but is still with the valve, i could remember mines not coming on at all cuz the gas could'nt flow thru the valve and so it stick and shut off completely....the air used to work like yuh only have the fan on

nismodriver
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby nismodriver » October 19th, 2004, 2:30 pm

hmm..now the air that coming out is not cold, it just coool...not cold as it should be..I think it may be that valve...you guys thing I should change the Thermo just in case?

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 19th, 2004, 3:48 pm

well if the air coming out cool, not cold, then the valve of course kinda sticking, so the thermostat would'nt be able to tell what going on, so it could be just teh valve alone, i sure is the valve alone cuz from my experience when i changed the valve, i was happy on the way home freeeezing inside

neckto
I LUV THIS PLACE

Postby neckto » October 20th, 2004, 11:12 am

yea just change the valve first and see

one novice way to check the valve without removing it it to place your ear under the dash (Left side) and let some one put on the AC you should hear the valve going pssst the about 5secs after going psst again if you don't hear it or the niose sounds weak or like it clogging then it's definately bad

PS. if you do take out the evaporator system by the AC man let him check to make sure it's not leaking as well

if you want a good AC man call Nicky 777-1053 this is in south though
he is very thorough helpfull and his price is very good too.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » October 20th, 2004, 1:04 pm

if yuh have to call meh uncle in aranguaz, he does do good a/c work too, any leaks to fix, one time does fix it, wont take all day and he charges good....in case you eh wah go all the way south.....

nismodriver
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby nismodriver » November 1st, 2004, 8:25 am

Problem fixed..Condenser was bad!! The line before the condenser blew out a while after, so it was something to do with the condenser!! AC WUKKING!!! Thanks H2O and others for all the help.

aR&D
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby aR&D » November 1st, 2004, 9:22 am

Folks: seeing that Nismo fixed his AC issue.... i would like to relate one that i just too noticed...

The B15, regular 1.5 autoT, 2000 model, when turning on the AC never made a sound. Now, lately, upon turning it on, it sounds like, well, as if something letting out a deep long breath with a psssssh' ing kinda sound too (please no Turbo jokes) .... what maybe causing this... now it true i never looked at or inspected the AC system when i bought the car .... is a service in order ?. Milage on the car is at about 27000km

thanks.

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 1st, 2004, 9:46 am

if the a.c cooling normal thas nothing, we does get that, when yuh turn it on the valve does be going sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sometimes it does last up to 3 minutes, supposed to last only about 10 seconds really.....if it not cooling yuh valve definately stick

aR&D
Chronic TriniTuner

Postby aR&D » November 1st, 2004, 10:10 am

Cool. Thanks for the response 'H20 .... it does make the sound at initial turn on and then behave normal. Cooling is very good. Just for my knowledge, what is the name of the valve you refered to? Thanks again

ps: When you say, "we does get that" .... do you have a Auto/AC Service Shop btw?.. if so contact info will be useful

TeamH2O
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby TeamH2O » November 1st, 2004, 11:21 am

the valve is known as the expansion valve.

nope we have no a/c shop, we just get it in our cars but my uncle has an a/c shop, uses very expensive equipment from the U.S so when he finished the cars does come out freeeezing. heres his contact info : Bon - 6743614, he is in aranguaz, mary street place is named S&S A/C

nismodriver
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby nismodriver » November 1st, 2004, 12:32 pm

might want to check bearing as well eh

X2Board
2NRholic

Postby X2Board » November 1st, 2004, 12:43 pm

H2O where in aranjuez is this AC man u talkin about?
i get stick by some fellas in el socorro .. they made me change everything!! down to the fan in front .... and it still doh work
My ac does only blow cold on 3 occasions:
at night
when yuh speeding
or if rain fallin & the place cold.

lunch time traffic is the worse, it does make me feel i hadda get one ah those lil blue fans to bolt on the dashboard .
steups

I feel i hadda check yuh uncle yeh

Isabella26
Riding on 13's

Re: AC problems(AC compressor cycling before it gets cool)FI

Postby Isabella26 » August 26th, 2011, 4:34 am

Air conditioning has developed several innovations in recent years. This is the Energy Performance of CA that promises greater efficiency, the cooler air, and reduce monthly bills. He is the variable speed fans that provide cooling quieter and racing fans of precision. There is also the area of ​​heating and cooling is probably not one of the most advanced air conditioning, which administers the hot or cold air in different rooms of a central panel for more efficiency.Do use any water or garden hose to provide a complete cleaning of air conditioners in place. A deep cleaning is best left to professionals. Air conditioning repair shops will inspect the thermostat, clean and inspect the filters, checking the electrical components and controls, check the engine oil, and inspect the heat exchanger cracks. Repair companies also offer repair and heat the oven.

mitsubishi air conditioning

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”