TriniTuner.com  |  Latest Event:  

Forums

GDI fuel pump issue

Mitsu Lancer, Evo, GSR, MIVEC, 4G**, GDI, Galant, Outlander, L200 Sportero/Triton etc.

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

bradp9
Riding on 13's

GDI fuel pump issue

Postby bradp9 » March 28th, 2007, 9:33 am

Hello folks,

I'm seriously looking for fuel pump mounted on engine for GDI Lancer,2001 model. Please kindly help me to find one .

Car is down for a week and wanna buy immediately.

Model no is MD362933
engine no- 4G15

my cell no -- 7613763
e.mail- bradp9@gmail.com

bye

kiran Tallam

JUS4SHO
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby JUS4SHO » March 28th, 2007, 10:03 am

contact Dadio @ 6842388 he cud bring it in new for u from mitsubishi Japan

btw what symptoms did u have when your GDI pump fail

bradp9
Riding on 13's

GDI fuel pump for Lancer

Postby bradp9 » March 28th, 2007, 2:31 pm

Hello,

Does anyone locally have the part, please help me i need car back on road folks.

When it starts giving trouble then car stutters and it can't go past beyond 100 Km. Engine swithch shows on dash board . People scan but can't find no problem with systems because this is a manul fuel pump.

bye

waiting for reply

kiran Tallam

livewire
3NE 2NR for life

Postby livewire » March 28th, 2007, 2:55 pm

^^ you sure is not the electronic trottle giving trouble??

bradp9
Riding on 13's

Urgent

Postby bradp9 » March 28th, 2007, 8:16 pm

Hello,
I'm certain Mr.livewire that it is not electrionic throttle body because i got electrician to check it out.

Please folks let me know where i can find one.

bye

kiran Tallam

tallamsgs@gmail.com

761-3763

JUS4SHO
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby JUS4SHO » March 29th, 2007, 6:30 am

livewire wrote:^^ you sure is not the electronic trottle giving trouble??

my thoughts exactly

and i sure u can get a GDI pump in the bamboo there are many engines with only the trottle body missing... you just have to walk the bamboo pallie... sorry

livewire
3NE 2NR for life

Postby livewire » March 29th, 2007, 8:16 am

Hello,
I'm certain Mr.livewire that it is not electrionic throttle body because i got electrician to check it out.

Please folks let me know where i can find one.

bye

kiran Tallam

ok cool ... it's just your symptoms seem to reflect either a transmission related problem or a trottle body problem, as JUS4SHO said check the bamboo there are a few GDI engines with transmissions and or trottle body missing...

sorry i wasn't able to be more helpful

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » March 29th, 2007, 1:38 pm

that is no the fuel pump that is the fuel regulator ... good luck pallie

been having that problem with our gdi galant since we bought it ..changed 2 regulators and an entire engine and still...

sho u rember u check out our car when it was having that prob .. well been to a mitsu mech and he said its teh high sulphur content in the gas causing the regulator to burn .. happen to many gdi engines

JUS4SHO
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby JUS4SHO » March 29th, 2007, 2:16 pm

yup but i have never encountered such a problem with the lancer

bradp9
Riding on 13's

Hello Pallies

Postby bradp9 » March 29th, 2007, 10:12 pm

I'm sure u guys are getting the point i'm talking about.

It's fuel pressure regulator is the problem which is mounted on engine. I have to say searching bamboo has been futile. No one have it and they all looking for one because i bounced up on 3 other people looking for one.

Still appreciate any help to locate one.

If i order a new one will it have or might give same problems?

Thanks people,

bye

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » March 29th, 2007, 11:53 pm

most likely u will get that problem cuz the problem is not the engine but the gas.. the engine was not designed for the high sulphur gas we have in trini

my advice is to change teh engine

where u located ?

bradp9
Riding on 13's

Hi

Postby bradp9 » March 30th, 2007, 10:05 am

I'm intrested in changing engine but what type will this type GDI lancer will take. kindly suggest the ideal choice and will consider.

Is there anyway Mr.Monster can u help me to locate the part for me to have the car running back on road.

I'm located in central , u can call me at 7613763

bye

bradp9

bradp9
Riding on 13's

website

Postby bradp9 » March 30th, 2007, 5:40 pm

Hello folks,

Is there any official website for Mitsubishi in japan or singapore where we can order parts directly. I doub't one in US will have parts for 2001 models,correct me?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bye

Bradp9offi

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » April 1st, 2007, 11:43 pm

jed u better off chagning the engine alone ... that specific part was quoted at $12k brand new

TRD tiger
Street 2NR

Postby TRD tiger » April 6th, 2007, 10:22 pm

I dont understand why you are getting problems, i know several people who have changed this already...its very expensive ..but available....if you are serious PM me tomorrow and i can make the link up for you to aquire one...by the way is it the Galant gdi or the new lancer??...the guy that does the diagnostics for me ..alwaya picks this up on his machine..

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » April 7th, 2007, 10:23 am

MonsterPower wrote:...been to a mitsu mech and he said its teh high sulphur content in the gas causing the regulator to burn .. happen to many gdi engines

high sulphur content in gas causing regulator to burn... Urban Legend... a.k.a... BULLSH!T! ... :roll:
Ask him for the number of the Mitsu Service Bulletin for that "info." :roll:

Time to find a real Mitsu mechanic IMHO. It's DIRTY. Filter & nozzles are clogged.
bradp9 wrote:...When it starts giving trouble then car stutters and it can't go past beyond 100 Km... People scan but can't find no problem...

BTW if you also sufferin' from "Idle surge" and "cutting off" issues; the same thing used to happen to our
Gallant VR-G (4G93 GDI) too. When Diamond Motors quoted $12k for a new one, I stripped and cleaned the original and changed the (expensive.. $600) fuel filter under the right rear fender. No problems since.
(CAREFUL:... DO NOT BREAK THE MYLAR/PLASTIC SPACER!)

Do a "search." I posted details of the fix months ago. Hope it works for you.

My $0.02¢
Last edited by Sanctifier on February 14th, 2009, 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marct
Sweet on this forum

Postby Marct » April 7th, 2007, 6:44 pm

^^^ cud you member the topic? having some issues with mine ,car surging or cutting off now but idling like sheit

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » April 8th, 2007, 7:36 am

^ ^ ^ Not off hand. It's been at least 10-12 months AFAIK.
Do a search of "Sanctifier" posts for that period.

MonsterPower
punchin NOS

Postby MonsterPower » April 8th, 2007, 8:14 pm

been to 3 mitsu mechanic who knows mitsu inside out and they said the same thing ... sorry sanctifier i want to believe u but my pocket is disagreeing right now.. i have my mind set on goin with a turbo engine ....

will pm u more info on this

megadoc1
punchin NOS

Postby megadoc1 » February 12th, 2009, 9:58 pm

bump
Sanctifier, i am following your advice cause i have a customer who had this problem and claimed that cleaning the pump works but now i need to do this for someone else
have u any issues with that pump since?

Sanctifier
punchin NOS

Postby Sanctifier » February 14th, 2009, 3:02 pm

megadoc1 wrote:Sanctifier, i am following your advice cause i have a customer who had this problem and claimed that
cleaning the pump works but now i need to do this for someone else have u any issues with that pump since?

Ooold thread, padna... :)

Nope, no more issues with the high-pressure fuel regulator on the GDI head.
I had issues with the original head later. Looks like it was "shaved" in Japan. Block was good though.
Stuck in a "beater" 4G93 GDI... lasted for another thirty months. Recently "screwed." :roll:

Very busy now... so a mechanic is swapping original block with 2nd head + original fuel regulator.
We'll see what happens soon.

BTW MonsterPower is right. 4G93 turbo is perfect as a substitute... but impossible to find.
Meanwhile, Mrs. Sanctifier and I are going over to "The Dark Side!"... You'll see soon enough. :lol:

My $0.02¢

lancer2023
Riding on 13's

Postby lancer2023 » February 16th, 2009, 6:10 pm

hey guys
my cars is idling real rough
and revs fluctuating
any suggestions

Marct
Sweet on this forum

Postby Marct » February 16th, 2009, 7:18 pm

reset ECU

Rah
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rah » February 19th, 2009, 12:53 pm

Guys i no longer have my Galant but i had similar problems with mine and the fix was simple. The 4g94 has an adjustment screw on the regulator. This allows you to turn up and down the Fuel pressure, when it goes below the necessary level you can simply turn it up. There is an electrician in South called Jason that showed me how, all you need is the correct head for the screw, luckily my socket set had it and i was able to adjust.
If i remember correctly the correct setting for the 4g94 is 5.0.-5.5 MPA so if you get someone to scan it you can adjust it to suit. You can scan it then turn off the engine, adjust the dial then scan again till within range.

The 4G94 has alot of adjustment but basically if you reach max and the pressure is still out of spec......you need to clean the pump or get a new one. However it should work for most as the adjustment is so large. In fact i have even adjusted it without a scanner, i checked the number of revolutions it took before it maxed out so i could gauge at what level it was, then i adjusted the dial in half revolutions till the car idled well. Then left it, and when i checked it by an electrician it was within spec.........however i am not recommending that method.

PS to see the dial properly you should remove the air box etc for the air intake, my car had a K&N short ram so it was easy for me.

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » March 4th, 2009, 6:53 pm

Guys i no longer have my Galant

aaahhh yes........in time for the premium increase.......for super pinged that motor like hell!!!!
Presently can't complain other than that mitsu suspension could take a beating.........this nissan eh able :?

And I look for that adjustment screw but could never get anything to fit......turned out to be that fuel pressure regulator was the reason behind my occasional bad idle........

now I regretting that I gave away the old one.......should've kept it and let Sanct fix it :mrgreen:

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » August 29th, 2009, 2:28 am

hmmm ok so my car (GDI galant 4G93) went dead and my bro got someone to scan it they said it was the high pressure fuel pump so i gather that they ment the fuel pressure regulator, what they said is that it was only giving around 600 psi when it should be like 3000 not too sure bout that but whatever,

so long story short i need to get one, i am not home to look around so seeing that you guys have had some experience with the said part where are the best places to look for one, and what price might i be looking at.

I have heard rumours that it is almost impossible to find these things so if anyone can point me in the right direction i will be very greatful

~Vēġó~
3NE 2NR Moderator

Postby ~Vēġó~ » August 30th, 2009, 12:45 am

got one from new age auto in bamboo #1 for $1900 about 2 years ago......

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » August 30th, 2009, 3:38 pm

so any ideas concerning subsitutes?

xtech
punchin NOS

Postby xtech » August 30th, 2009, 5:40 pm

u can manually adjust the pump to crank up the pressure...............if it still fails obviously the pump completely gone......

I got one but there is so many 4G93 GDI's it hard to say if it will work with your engine.

What is the model number on the pump? It would be found on a green or blue sticker

geodude
Riding on 18's

Postby geodude » August 30th, 2009, 9:31 pm

that is a good question to which i do not have the answer, i will call home and try to get the number, also the mech that scanned the car , told my mom that if we remove the Fuel pump and the settings are lost then we will have to turn the engine about 25 times ,

any body know that this man is talking about?

Advertisement

Return to “MITSUBISHI”