Forums

air con troubles

Tuning advice, problems and troubleshooting

Moderator: 3ne2nr Mods

Rush
3NE 2NR for life

air con troubles

Postby Rush » November 18th, 2006, 1:58 pm

my cars air con is blowing hot all of a sudden, anyone knows where i can get this fixed? and at a bess price?

Maserati
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Maserati » November 18th, 2006, 4:52 pm

lol u check n see if the switch on the hot air setting?
culd check auto air they go pretty good work

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 18th, 2006, 5:17 pm

I find Ryanair on Cane Farm Road in Tacarigua does good and honest work. I have no complaints about the work they did on my car.

Maserati
Trying to catch PATCH AND VEGA

Postby Maserati » November 19th, 2006, 12:59 am

yup there pretty good as well.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Re: air con troubles

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 19th, 2006, 10:46 am

Rush wrote:my cars air con is blowing hot all of a sudden, anyone knows where i can get this fixed? and at a bess price?

Is the compressor engaging when you switch the a/c on? If not, it could be a simple electrical (relay) problem. If it does engage, then the problem could be more serious and any of a number of things.

redsupra101
2NRholic

Postby redsupra101 » November 19th, 2006, 11:18 am

its probably just a leaking hose so all ur freon leaked out

Chiney
3NE 2NR Power Seller

Postby Chiney » November 19th, 2006, 11:29 am

^^^ dats is hell if so..

get your complete system checked out one time..

Rush
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rush » November 19th, 2006, 1:33 pm

the compressor and everything, the whole ac setup wad changed abt three months back, and the day after i got it back a hose burst, it was quite a loud noise, and saw lots of gas, looked as if i was overheating, took it back to the guy and he said i needed to get a new hose, and he charged me for that again...
after that, when i turned on the ac, every now and then i wud hear a whirring noise, but it worked pretty good for the past 3 months, and now it just blows hot, the setting is on cold air, but when i put it on the hot setting, it really blows quite hot,
so its just not blowing that cool air anymore, i wud trake it back by the same man, but i just diont have fiath in his work anymore, i might just take it back to ask him wtf's goin on, cuz its ridiculous to pay him twice for sumthing and have it fail again

ill call ryan air, and auto air, find out what price i am looking at, funds kinda low, so i gonna have to find the best place

and how would i know if the compressor is working, switching on?
ill call these ppl tom and see whats goin on, and ill post back,
in the meantime, if an1 else knows anywhere else i cud check...let me know

thanks for the help guys

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 19th, 2006, 1:38 pm

Rush wrote:and how would i know if the compressor is working, switching on?

When the compressor engages, there is a slight drop in the idle speed of the engine. If your car is equipped with a step up device, then the idle speed would return close to normal within a short space of time. There would be an audible difference in the engine speed at the time you switch the a/c on.

I don't think they would be able to give you a diagnosis over the phone. Your best bet is to take the car in to have it checked. With Ryanair, you don't have to make an appointment, I don't know about Auto Air though.

Rush
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rush » November 19th, 2006, 2:15 pm

ok, i know what u talking abt, that does happen to the idle speed, so the compressor is a-ok, the refrigerant maybe leaked out..? possible faulty hose.. i guess then,

cinco
TriniTuner 24-7

Postby cinco » November 19th, 2006, 4:32 pm

btw if yuh freon did leak out it is recommended you do not turn it on until you get it fixed
the r143 sytems have oil with the gas that keeps the compressor wheel lubricated turning it on without the gas causes premature wear to the compressor bearings

warriorking
3NE 2NR for life

Postby warriorking » November 20th, 2006, 8:15 am

Check S & S Air Con Services in Aranguez. #674-3614

He much cheaper than most places

Rush
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rush » November 20th, 2006, 3:14 pm

i went to s & s this morning, they was on my way, and they said that current goin to the compressor, but the compressor not working, so its an electrical problem,
they also said that its all gassed up and everything is ifne, but i need to take it to an electrician and MAYBE chnage the coil in the compressor, (which i understand may be a costly thing, and furthermore, depenindg on how its done, the pressure might be let out which would mean i wud need to gas up again...)

gonna have to find a reliabl;e auto electrician and soon...this sun is hot...

only thing is, i ahve no idea how much cash to keep on hand for the electrician, (and he wudnt be able to give mne a price till he checks it out and already does everything he needs to do...so ill have to wait till i get some cash...)

ANYONE know any RELIABLE auto electricians?

trini_ravi
3NE 2NR for life

Postby trini_ravi » November 20th, 2006, 6:50 pm

sounds like it needs re-gassing...

ooooohjhonny
Street 2NR

Postby ooooohjhonny » November 20th, 2006, 6:59 pm

Rush wrote:i went to s & s this morning, they was on my way, and they said that current goin to the compressor, but the compressor not working, so its an electrical problem,
they also said that its all gassed up and everything is ifne, but i need to take it to an electrician and MAYBE chnage the coil in the compressor, (which i understand may be a costly thing, and furthermore, depenindg on how its done, the pressure might be let out which would mean i wud need to gas up again...)

gonna have to find a reliabl;e auto electrician and soon...this sun is hot...

only thing is, i ahve no idea how much cash to keep on hand for the electrician, (and he wudnt be able to give mne a price till he checks it out and already does everything he needs to do...so ill have to wait till i get some cash...)

ANYONE know any RELIABLE auto electricians?

Well First where yuh living, so fellas could direct yuh to the area, secondly, changing the coil may be slightly cheaper than a used compressor, so weigh your options carefully. I would go with another compressor (used)

Rush
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rush » November 20th, 2006, 11:17 pm

i living in pos, but go to uwi, so anywhere there or in between would be good,
and s&s checked it out, they said it has enough gas, and the pressure is good,
ill keep in mind what u saying abt the cost of the coil and the compressor

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 21st, 2006, 6:12 am

Rush wrote:i living in pos, but go to uwi, so anywhere there or in between would be good,

Try Jerry's Auto Electrical on Freeman Road. This is on the other side of the highway opposite UWI. He opens around 8:00 a.m., but I would highly recommend that you buy a newspaper and go there around 7:30 a.m. and wait for him to open as he could be crowded at times. First come first served.

KE70corolla
Trinituner Peong

Postby KE70corolla » November 21st, 2006, 10:18 am

Rory Phoulorie, u know is Jerry's Auto electrical installs A/C or is it just electrical work they do??

ooooohjhonny
Street 2NR

Postby ooooohjhonny » November 21st, 2006, 7:37 pm

Rush wrote:i living in pos, but go to uwi, so anywhere there or in between would be good,

well there is lalchan on the road behind a1 autosupplies, and jerry, both good.

If they have to change d coil might have to degas the system and changing the compressor, would definitely require degassing.

Check Steeve's aircondition opposite Saghs on de highway, might be a lil after heading west. Is a blue building and does have them fed ex van fixing sometimes. The man good and change my vitara compressor and was fairly cheap compared to the likes of the big houses. He honest and doh bus yuh head wid price. He on d way back to town from uwi so it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion as to whats the best avenue for you to follow.

I was seeing real pressure with mine getting all kinda high prices and went there and i actually was supprised with the price. The thing still working good up to today. And at first i was skeptical as the price was low.

Rory Phoulorie
3ne2nr Toppa Toppa

Postby Rory Phoulorie » November 21st, 2006, 10:19 pm

KE70corolla wrote:Rory Phoulorie, u know is Jerry's Auto electrical installs A/C or is it just electrical work they do??

Jerry's just does auto electrical work. Ryanair has an in-house electrician, kind of like a one stop shop for a/c work.

Rush
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rush » November 21st, 2006, 11:00 pm

i know jerry's and i know lalchans, jerry's closed till nov 26th, but still, i prob gonna have to savce up a $300 cuz i cant take it to no electrician and then they tell me a bill and i cant pay it, ill only know how much to pay when they give me the bill...so i gotta walk prepared, but ill check out one or two more air con places, just to see if they can tell me exactly what the prob is, and estimate the cost, ill look out for steeve's tom

ooooohjhonny
Street 2NR

Postby ooooohjhonny » November 22nd, 2006, 7:50 am

BTW rush what kinda car you have?

323_wagon_dude
3NE2NR Diesel Boyz

Postby 323_wagon_dude » November 22nd, 2006, 10:21 am

You could also check K Wilson in POS, 624-3045 . He is located on the wrightson road when you heading east, he's just before sackville street. IMO, he's very good and good prices.

Rush
3NE 2NR for life

Postby Rush » November 22nd, 2006, 9:48 pm

oh wel k wilson shud be close to home for me then, and i have a ck4 lancer

Advertisement

Return to “AUTOMOTIVE TECH”